Main Page Image

Special Education and Pupil Services

The Department of Special Education and Pupil Services is committed to a high standard of educational outcomes for students with disabilities. We offer a continuum of services to meet the individual needs of students, ages 3-21, identified as needing special education. Through the collaboration of special education teachers, general education teachers, and related services staff we provide research-based individually designed instruction to maximize engagement in the general education curriculum. Our goal is to assist students in reaching their highest academic, personal, and social potential.

Cathryn Riggs, Ph.D.

Director of Special Education and Pupil Services

(860) 258-7701 x165


Joan Gilbert

Supervisor of Special Education

(860) 258-7701 x120


Teresa Piccolo

Administrative Secretary

(860) 258-7701 x165

Sofia Striffler

Part-Time Secretary

(860) 258-7701 x174

How to use
Rocky Hill Public Schools Notice of Non-Discrimination

The Rocky Hill Board of Education prohibits discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religious creed, age, marital status, military or veteran’s status, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation and past or present learning disability, physical disability or mental disorder.  The Rocky Hill Board of Education provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups.  The Rocky Hill Board of Education guarantees compliance under Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Educational Amendments Acts of 1973, section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the American with Disabilities Act of 1991 and Connecticut General Statutes 46a-60.

The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies:

Cathryn G. Riggs, Ph.D.
Director of Special Education and Pupil Personnel Services
761 Old Main St.
Rocky Hill, CT 06067

For further information on non-discrimination, visit:
for the address and phone number of the office that serves your area, or call 1-800-421-3481.