2021 - 2022 Student Registration (All Grades)
School Eligibility for Kindergarten in 2021-2022:
Kindergarten: In order for your child to be eligible to attend kindergarten for the 2021-2022 school year, he/she is required to be 5 years-old on or before January 1, 2022. Please note: Kindergarten "is not" a lottery based program. Seats are guaranteed for age appropriate students.
School Eligibility for Pre-K in 2021-2022:
PK 3 and PK 4 Info: Your student must have been selected by the Bright Beginnings Program to register. If your student has been approved, you will be contacted. Students registered without going through the approval process will unfortunately be deleted from PowerSchool Registration. For general information on the PK program and how it works, please click here.
An Important Note - No before and after school programs are being offered for 2021-2022. Please plan accordingly.
Part I - Steps to get your child pre-registered for the 2021-2022 School year (All-Grades):
Step 1: Fill-out the required forms online via our PowerSchool Registration System available by clicking here. Please note, a valid email address is required to set-up an PowerSchool Registration account.
Step 2: Once you have all the required documents listed below, you have 4 methods you may utilize to deliver the required documents.
1. Scan and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. US Mail to: Rocky Hill Board of Education, C/O Thomas Kennison, 761 Old Main Street, Suite 231, Rocky Hill, CT 06067
3. Fax to: (860) 258 - 7710
4. In-person verification appointments are now available if you cannot use any of the 3 methods above. We are trying to limit pedestrian traffic.
Rules for in-person appointments:
- Only one parent may attend. No children please since they are mostly non-vaccinated.
- A mask is required.
- Appointments are available Monday - Thursday 9 am - 2 pm and Friday 9 am - 12:00 pm.
- Location: Rocky Hill Board of Education, Town Hall, 761 Old Main Street, Suite 231, Rocky Hill, Connecticut 06071.
Part II - What will I need to send/deliver to the BOE to finish my student's registration?
Parent Questionnaire for new kindergarten students available online here. (If applicable).
Parent/Guardian’s Valid Photo Identification.
Proof of Parent/Guardian’s Residency (Residency Requirements).
Student’s Birth Certificate or Passport or Other (used to determine student’s age only).
State of Connecticut Health Assessment Form and Immunization Record. For kindergarten, physical must be dated after July 1, 2020. Please be advised, out-of-state or out-of-country physical forms are not accepted.
1. Connecticut Health Assessment Form (ages 5 and up) available online here.
2. Early Childhood Health Assessment Form (ages birth-5) available online here.
Parents, please fill-out the first page, sign and date. In addition, please be sure your child’s full legal name and date of birth is on each page.
- Beginning on August 23, 2021, please provide a copy of your student's Covid vaccination card with the student's physical if they are age 12 and up and have begun their series of immunizations.
A documented Tuberculin Test by a physician may be required. Please consult your child’s pediatrician. TB Form for physician sign-off available for printing at the end of your PowerSchool Registration session or by clicking here. A physician may also fill-out the TB test section on the Connecticut Health Assessment Form or provide its own documentation.
Individualized Education Plan (IEP) or 504 Plan (if applicable).
Transfer Certificate if student(s) attended a foreign school.